Alprazolam -a tranquilizer used to treat depression and other mental disorders.
active substance alprazolam has sedative, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, hypnotic and central muscle relaxant effect.
Moderately pronounced hypnotic effect of the drug is combined with a decrease in emotional stress and weakening of fear, anxiety and worry. Review Alprazolam improves sleep quality, shortening the period of sleep, reducing the number of nighttime awakenings and increasing sleep duration.
drug release tablets of 250 mg and 1 mg, 50 pieces per pack.
Alprazolam also is part of the other drugs -Alzolama, Heleksa, Xanax, and Neurola Zolomaksa.
Indications alprazolamAccording to the instructions
Alprazolam is used for:
- anxiety disorders and neuroses, accompanied by anxiety, danger, or anxiety, sleep disturbance, and somatic disorders;
- neurotic reactive depressive states, which are accompanied by a decrease in mood, anxiety and insomnia, loss of interest in his surroundings and loss of appetite;
- mixed anxiety-depressive states;
- panic disorder in combination and without symptoms of phobias;
- anxiety, and neurotic depression that developed on the background of systemic diseases.
Alprazolam is contraindicated for use with the instructions:
- Severe Depression;
- Closure Choquet;
- acute alcohol poisoning, drugs and psychotropic substances, as well as opioid analgesics;
- Chronic obstructive airways disease with incipient respiratory failure; Myasthenia
- acute respiratory failure;
- Hypersensitivity to benzodiazepines or other components of alprazolam.
Alprazolam during pregnancy is contraindicated because of the toxic effects exerted on the fetus. The active ingredient of the drug is excreted in breast milk and could have a negative effect on the newborn, so while taking alprazolam breastfeeding should be interrupted.
Alprazolam instructions are allowed to apply for 18 years.
During treatment contraindicated use Alprazolam should be used with caution in renal impairment or liver.
Instructions for use of alprazolamAccording to the instructions
Alprazolam is recommended to take a minimum effective doses. The starting dose is 250 to 500 micrograms to about three times per day. If necessary, the dose may be increased gradually to 4.5 mg per day. With a weakened body and also in the elderly initial dose should not exceed 500-750 pg per day.
Cancellation or reduction of the dose of alprazolam should be carried out gradually. It is recommended to reduce the dose to 500 mg not more than three times a day. In some cases slower cancellation alprazolam.
the treatment should be aware that long-term use of high doses of alprazolam may develop addiction and drug dependence . Abrupt withdrawal of the drug alprazolam, after more than 2 months can lead to withdrawal syndrome, which manifests as insomnia, sweating, seizures, tremors and spasms of skeletal muscles.
the treatment of endogenous depression drug can be used in conjunction with antidepressants. Reception alprazolam psychotropic and anticonvulsant drugs may exacerbate the negative effects of the drug on the central nervous system. You should also be careful while applying alprazolam with histamine H2-receptor, macrolide antibiotics, other tranquilizers, and digoxin.
Most side effects of Alprazolam Review is the beginning of treatment, which manifest as fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness, ataxia, decreased ability to concentrate, unsteady gait, disorientation, as well as mental retardation and motor reactions.
Rarer disorders of the central nervous system after taking alprazolam appear as:
- aggressive outbursts;
- anxiety and insomnia;
- Dystonic extrapyramidal reactions;
- Reduced memory;
- depressed mood;
- weakness; Myasthenia
- Muscle spasm;
- Excitation and irritability.
Review Alprazolam can cause other disorders:
- Digestive System -decreased appetite, nausea, dry mouth or salivation, constipation or diarrhea, vomiting, abnormal liver function, urinary system -incontinence or urinary retention, decreased or increased libido, impaired kidney function, dysmenorrhea;
- Cardiovascular system -lowering blood pressure and tachycardia;
- hematopoietic system -neutropenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis,
- Allergic reactions -skin rash and itching;
- Endocrine -libido disorders, changes in body weight and menstrual irregularities.
Alprazolam belongs to the B-list and released only by prescription. The recommended shelf life -5 years.